The tortured and mutilated bodies of five previously abducted Baloch activists including a leader of the Baloch National Movement (BNM) were found in Mand region of district Kech Balochistan on Thursday.
Sources in the local authorities (Levies) said that the dead bodies were ‘fished out’ from a narrow river called ‘Mandig Kaor’ in Hozi region of Mand.
The FC (Frontier Corps) meanwhile, claimed to have killed the ‘militants’ in an encounter in which two FC soldiers were also allegedly injured.
The Deputy Commissioner Turbat, Captain (Retired) Sarmad Saleem said, “Five suspected Baloch militants belong to banned militant organization killed in the heavy gun battle that continued for an hour.”
However, the statements and claims of the FC and captain (retired) Sarmad have been strongly rejected by Baloch pro-freedom activists.
The Baloch activists say that all the five men were previously abducted and disappeared by Pakistani forces and after an attack on FC convoy in Gawak region of Mand Pakistan forces killed these men in their custody to hide their failure and boost the moral of their, ‘spychologically defeated’ soldiers in Balochistan.
The bodies of victims have been identified as that of Master Baitullah Mehmood (a school teacher) resident of Dazin, Sabir son of Ghulam Mohammed resident of Goburd Mand, Mohammad Asif aka Asif son of (teacher) Anwar Ali a resident of Kahnek Mand, Muhammad Jasim aka Jasim son of Rahim a resident of Gomazi and Majid aka Nouroz son of Majeed a resident Lebnan village of Mand, Balochistan.
Sources within Baloch National Movement reported that Baitullah Mehmood Baloch was abducted on 17 June 2015. Urdu point, and Urdu language newspaper confirmed the abduction of Baitullah Baloch on 17 June 2015 and described him as an ‘important militant commander’.
Sabir Ghulam was registered as abducted since 15 November 2015 with the International Voice for Baloch Missing Persons.
The Human Rights Council of Balochistan reported Asif Anwar Ali, a tailor by profession was forcefully disappeared by security forces from Karachi on 1st of December 2016. 22 years old Majid Majeed aka Noroz was picked up by security forces on 2nd of February 2017 from Gulshan e Mazdur, Karachi. Young student Sabir Ghulam Hussain was picked up from his house, Goburd Mand on 16th of November 2016 and Jasim Rahim was picked up by Frontier Corps from the Grocery Store he worked in, in his village Tump, on 4th of January 2017.
The Baloch activists also pointed out that the victims’ bodies had clear marks of torture which show that they were tortured to death in prison and Pakistani forces claim of a gun battle are a fabricated to conceal their crimes against humanity in Balochistan.
More abductions and atrocities: According to the news sources, Pakistani forces abducted a Baloch student and another man from Turbat on 27 April 2017. The victims have been identified as Hazoor Jan aka Arzu S/o Wahid Baksh resident of Zamuran and Naveed son of Dil Murad resident of Dasht.
On 26 April 2017, the Pakistan forces have abducted a Baloch filmmaker from a hotel in Karachi. Family sources reported that victim Waleed Nasir had returned from Qatar for a family visit only four days prior to his abduction.
Also, on 26 April Pakistani forces attacked the house of another Baloch artist and terrorised his family. According to details, Pakistan forces broke into the house of Minhaj Mukhtar Baloch a well-known Balochi language singer & composer and stole all valuables from his house.
The forces then set the Baloch artist’s house on fire and terrorised his family members including women and children.
On 25 April 2017, Pakistani security forces raided Gawak village of Mand district Kech, Balochistan and abducted physically disabled Aziz Bakshi.
The 26 years old is partially disabled by birth. He cannot stand on his feet and cannot walk uses a wheelchair move around.